Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Advent!

So, I had a friend point out to me over Thanksgiving break how bad I am about updating my blog. I knew he was right, but I think i was still in denial.
Then I went to look at it today and its been a month since I have posted. I promise this well change! I am going to make an effort this next semester to make this thing a priority.

Until then I just have a few updates:

1. My teammates invited Cam Newton to FOCUS Conference 2011!!!! I am seriously so proud of them!! I ask your prayers for him, that if the Lord wants him there he will answer the call or he tells his other football buddies about it and one of them comes! How epic would that be!

2. I have a parish talk scheduled for December 18th and 19th. I ask your prayers for its success. I know the Lord has already picked out those he wishes to join my in the mission of the new evangelization!! Pray that I can be bold and courageous.

3. I am about to leave for an epic road trip with my teammates. We are going to Atlanta, then Gainsville to visit the Florida FOCUS team, and then Orlando for a Fundraising bootcamp! Pray that we can continue to discern the Lord's will for FOCUS at Auburn.

4. I know I have implored your prayers and not really given you any profound thoughts. But, I leave you with this to reflect on in this season of Advent:

"The Church again is putting before us the growth of Jesus within us. We cannot bring him forth if he does not grow within us; we shall bring forth only ourselves; our words shall be like the tinkling of cymbals, as sounding brass. "Come", the Advent watchword, is the expression of desire and of permission. When we say to a person, "Come" it is a desire. We do not honestly say, "Come" to a person or to a thing that we do not desire. The second element is permission. We have to let the person in. This is what we mean by "Come!": desire and permission. We must desire Our Lord to come into our lives, and that "Come!" must be wholehearted.
Each "Come" should ring out to heaven. We want it to fill the world; we want to reach out to all the world, so that it says, "Come" If we open wide, he will come in; he will grow within us, in each of our lives and in the lives of our communities, and we will be able to respond with joy to everything that his coming asks of us, expected and unexpected; ordinary or extraordinary; predictable and unpredictable. He will come in and give us the strength as he says, "I will take my rest with him; I will take supper with him, if he lets me in""

Make a home for Christ in your heart this Advent season....Our Lady will be your guide

No comments:

Post a Comment